Thursday 3 November 2011

Escapism


escapism (ɪˈskeɪpɪzəm) —noun
an inclination to or habit of retreating from unpleasant or
unacceptable reality, as through diversion or fantasy

This key is symbol to my pledge


Amidst the current economic crisis in Athens, Greece, where i am more than happy to reside, i find myself with the will or rather need to escape more often than not.  It is a hard situation we are facing, and it is worse that there is no sympathy from the EU. This puts me in a bubble of panic : What will tomorrow be like?

As a person, i can not complain and can not thank my parents enough for what they have offered me. But when i an equipped with all i need for life and life stops right in front of me- what am i supposed to do then? When it is not only our happiness that's in stake here, but our survival, what do we do then??

The greeks over the years have been through an array of difficult periods and thus produced this quote: "In order to survive poverty, you need to have a good time" You need to escape it and focus on brighter things.
Therefore, i would like to make a pledge to focus on brighter things and things that take away this feeling of panic, uncertainty and depression. There are more things to be glad about: health, life and people around you that love and inspire you.

For my nameday an awesome guy i know gave me the most awesome present for my celebration, and he's getting one back too. He gave me "the key" to open the door to my escape, i use it as a symbol of my pledge.

Where is your key?

No comments:

Post a Comment