Tuesday 6 September 2011

The Secrets of the Closet.

The Patterns.
As every summer comes to an end, one has to comply and do the unavoidable: clean and organize their closet. Now, this for some people is a much enjoyed task, for me though, it is a dreadful one. Over the years, I've witnessed my closet change from being dominated by jeans and tees to the current obsession with patterned dresses. I use the word "witness" because it almost does not feel like I'm wearing all these clothes. Looking back, it seems like my closet decided on its own about what i'm gonna wear. 

Cleaning your closet is a task that can be made fun in many ways; my preferred method is listening to music, and arguing with my sister when trying to decide what to keep or toss. I could tell you about organizing a closet now, but I'll spare you, as I don't really do it.The only method i use is clothes that can be hanged and clothes that cant. And yes, winter just adds some pieces to my pile - i like to have all my clothes where i can see them. Nonetheless, this biannual errant is nothing else but a trip down memory lane and a semi-important self-discovery session. 

Example No1 : You find a dress and you think "oh wow, i didn't know i had that". Then you realize this is the very dress you wore at that date with a guy and you had an awful time. When you came back home, you blame it on the dress because you are too romantic to blame it on the guy. 
This is also the very dress that does not fit you anymore because that guy you went on the date didn't call back - ever - and you heart craved chocolate, carrot cakes and crisps. 

Example No2 : You find your long lost pair of jeans. You've paid a considerable amount on them. First thing that comes to mind is "oh wow, my jeans yay!!". You try them on and they are too big. You have a happy dance around 'cause you've lost weight!!! You still keep the pair of jeans though to remind you not to gain that weight. It also signifies that you decided no guy is good enough to provoke insane sugar consumption! 

Example No3 : You find one of those lovely skirts that have pockets (love those with passion!) and try them on. Big smile as it fits perfectly still and inside the pockets you find tickets from that gig you and your friends went and had a blast! Good times WIN!!! 

My closet made me realize that i grew from a student to a young professional, albeit unemployed. Most importantly, it showed that i gained the confidence to wear whatever i feel like wearing. It took a long time, but i managed. What did your closet cleaning session tell you this time????

4 comments:

  1. hahaha love this post! :D while I'd love some closer look at dimi's closet at some point!!!!!!!
    For your question, my closet cleaning session tells me nothing cause it doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon....

    marietta ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask and you shall receive! A closer look at my closet could happen very soon!
    Dimi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D what about a closer look to a new outfit ,combined with some knitting in strange places? hehehe

    marietta ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Challenging, but not impossible. I shall start shopping!

    Dimi x

    ReplyDelete