Wednesday 5 October 2011

Recreational Activities

Just in case you didn't know i love doing thing for no purpose, just for the laughs. I refer to such things as "recreational activities".

Since things have gone viral, the internet is full of these things. Batman-ing and plunking come to mind. I was introduced to the world of planking when i read an article on the Guardian- i instantly knew i had to try it. I was hooked! I find it exceptionally relieving doing things for no reason... It reminds me of the good days as a child when you had no responsibilities and you could just play all day. It gives you that feeling as you get some moments of doing nothing!

So planking i did.




Exhibit A: Group plank at a rock n roll summer party in Aegina








Exhibit B: I planked the next day at the beach, on top of a car nonetheless!






Exhibit C: I even planked after i said goodbye to my great friend Sandy, who went to France to study psychology and eat les croissants! It helped loose the sadness


All 3 photos by Marietta Fameli of doublecrochets

I like planking and i cant hide it. I even dared my boss to plank one day. Needless to say i have of course planked at work. Anyway, so i was thinking how brilliant it is, not just planking, but doing things for fun. It's even better when you see people from all around the world do it. (google planking) 

But then I realized, I always use to do it- i just didnt share the pics with anyone. Yes, i was shy back then! I would like to introduce to you, the good old days of me doing a variation of planking. I give you President-ing or as my friend called it Evita Peron-ing. 

The act of president-ing is fairly simple. Follow these instructions : 






1.You go to a place like a balcony or where you have a comparative advantage of height and ... 






2.Pretend you are saluting millions of people who came to see you and smile whilst your friend takes your pic. 



Photos by Vassilis Tsikalakis

The story behind this is simple. I used to act as a President for a non-governmental association of my university. My friend Bill acted as treasurer at the time and both of us are a bit mental. One day (the day the first pic was shot, 2008 or 2009) we were on an excursion at Nafplio and when we reached to top of the castle we noticed all of the association members where gathered underneath. So Bill kindly suggested i wave hello at my "followers" and so i did. Ever since, every single time we go on a trip with Bill, we take a picture like that (second pic from this past weekend at the island of Mykonos). 

So i wonder, have you ever done something like this?Whats your recreational activity?? And yes, if you attempt this i want to see your pics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment